Tuesday, October 30, 2007

changing moods and shaking houses

i was so ready to write a grumpy, mad entry tonight,
about how work sucks, and i'm trying not to get sick,
and there was glass on the bike path,
and one light was green for only 3 seconds,
and just general bitterness i'm feeling this week..

when i arrive home to packages from my mom and dad.



now, care packages i got at college were one thing,
always great chinatown snacks and homey things,
cause they knew i missed home badly when i was at school.
but these 2 packages could not have come at a better time,
and could not be any sweeter. i had tears in my eyes..

my dad had sent me biking gloves i'd asked him to,
and had added all the signature "det" goodies,
that i could receive anonymously and still know he sent.
a bike light, special toothpicks, a couple pens,
a chinese photography magazine, a raw food bar,
trail mix, an 8gb! usb drive, and money in, get this,
a "north american hunting club" wallet!
the F-ing best, det, the F-ing best.

and my mom, bless her heart,
she sent me my birthday gift and card early,
i'll open it when the time comes,
and SELF-ADDRESSES STAMPED ENVELOPES
and PAPER to write her with.
note the pretty flower stamps too.
i couldn't believe what i saw.
if you've met my mother you know,
she is the sweetest little lady ever.

*begin note to parents-
i really want you two (ma and det) to know,
i love you both so very much.
more than anything in the world.
you give me such a wonderful life.
-end note*

so, as they requested, i finally took a picture
of myself in my room.



just kidding.
that's a model unit in the building where i work.
i go through checking off checklists of defects
and blemishes in the construction of the units.
it's called punch-list and back-check. blah.
there are only a few apts furnished like that,
to show potential buyers and leasers,
the rest are bare bones and much less glamorous.
it can get boring, but i do get to wear a hard-hat.

but these are my real digs.



it's simple, but it does me all right.
i sleep fine at night, and have enough room to breath.

sorry for the long-winded post.

oh and soon after i shot those photos,
i felt my first west coast earthquake!
the house shook for maybe 4 seconds!
thankfully nothing fell down. crazy!

anyways, peace, love, and sun coming through the clouds.

1 comment:

yee ling poon said...

That does not look like the California I know at all.