Saturday, April 21, 2012

almost may?? quick update.


march simply disappeared.
it was the philippines trip.
and then april went by fast,
because most of it was spent healing from march.
long story short i got a gut infection that was a doozy.
it's been a slow journey to get back to %100,
but i'm nearly there despite my impatience.
the worst part is having to slow down my walking.

at least i can teach all my weekly classes again.
even if i can't train 50 hour weeks like we did in march.
but i take what i can get.

same goes for getting on the bike.
rode my mtbmx bike today.
rode my cross bike yesterday.
rode my track bike the day before that.
all rides shorter than 10 miles.
"junk" miles are better than no miles.
but i'll have to step it up if i want to race cross this year..

anyways, again this is just personal stuff.

i'm not in a place where i can compose a cohesive "body of work"
about martial arts wisdom and fighting tactics
or amazing bike adventures that i'm currently not having
for a seldom-updated, randomly-visited blog.

not that anyone is asking for that.

still.
there are reasons for stories, right?
so what should i want my stories to do for people?
maybe to provide people with some kind of inspiration?

i mean, my life isn't all that difficult.
and i know that some of the things i do keep me very happy.
i do want to be sharing that happiness, either directly,
or through encouragement to do those things that create happiness.
does that make sense?

i've introduced many people to martial arts, and to cycling.
maybe that's what my story is all about.
sharing those passions.

hmm. yea ok.

No comments: