Tuesday, August 12, 2008

martial-talk: live blades

in other news i'm also stoked that i waited until now to pick up real swords. while it had been a long time coming, having trained with them in the past, the blades i recently purchased arrived at such an opportune time.

i'd been in sparse touch with my guro back in new york,
and having been also too caught up with work and bike riding,
i'd slacked a bit with my martial arts training.
i mean i always pick up my sticks,
and run through drills here and there,
but when you don't have to fight someone else's energy
you have to be careful that your own energy doesn't stagnate.
solo training is good training, but it requires much diligence.

so when my espada y daga set arrived this weekend,
it was a wonderful jump-start to revitalized training.
i'm very excited to be able to switch, at will,
between rattan and sharpened steel.
my edge awareness will improve considerably,
as will my live hand awareness.
your body knows it does not want to be cut!

anyways keep tapping!

No comments: