Wednesday, October 8, 2008

bicycle-talk: macaframa premiere




Macaframa SF Track Bike Promo from MACAFRAMA on Vimeo.


MACAFRAMA Trailer from MACAFRAMA on Vimeo.

the trailers for this film created a turning point (or rather, exposed to me a new style to explore) in my riding career. after seeing them, it became clear to me that there were riders out there really pushing and refining a fixed gear street-style that took serious skill and innate grace.

soon after moving to the bay area, i was riding with a few fixed gear street riders. i was riding my brooklyn park bike. they rode their style, i rode mine. we cruised all around oakland. one of the riders, james, asked me if i'd ever ridden a track bike. i told him i hadn't. he said i should try it out; it's fun.

a while later i was commuting fixed on my cross bike. within a month i was looking for parts to build up a dedicated street fix. the bike came together cleanly. the fit was perfect. the style stuck, the motivation to progress grew, and now i'm absolutely a true believer.

No comments: