Wednesday, October 1, 2008

i am bicoastal

so it's been kind of crazy.

i was in new york for two weeks.
it was amazing; wonderful; home.
spent time with family, friends, and the landscape.
rode my bmx bike the whole time; that was ill.

but i was having a hard time with bicoastal pulls.

on one hand new york was the hometown
where i felt like i knew everyone and everything.
faces and streets familiar, pure comfort.
all the things i've grown up with.

on the other hand the bay has been treating me well.
the weather is great and the opportunities abound.
i ride my bike everyday and have met awesome people.

a good friend gave me some insight.
rather than feeling sad about the people and places
that i inevitably miss when i'm here or there,
i will feel happy that there are so many i treasure.
there are so many good people in my life,
that my thoughts are filled and pleasant.

No comments: